COVID-19: Reps member Wole Oke, seeks special grant for Oyo, Osun

Rep. Oluwole Oke

….Commends Gov. Makinde approach of pandemic control

Member representing Obokun/Oriade Federal Constituency of Osun State Rep. Wole Oke, has called on the Federal Government to as a matter of urgency provide grants to Oyo and Osun states for the management of the Covid-19 pandemic.

 

According to the lawmaker, both states have managed to limit the transmission of the disease, as well as provide treatment for patients limited, hence they have earned any form of assistance the Federal Government can provide.

 

Oke who is the House Committee Chairman on Public Accounts and a member of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), commended the Oyo state governor, Mr. Seyi Makinde for his method and approach in the management of COVID-19.

 

Gov. Seyi Makinde of Oyo State

 

The lawmaker who had earlier donated N15m worth of bags of Rice to the Osun State Committee on COVID-19 charged other state governors to emulate the leadership style of Gov Makinde, advising that they should copy from him to adopt same in their respective States irrespective of Political Party  affiliations.

 

He said:  “These states have utilized the resources available to them very well to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. I am calling on the Federal Government to give special grants to the states to be able to combat the pandemic head-on.

 

“Their prudent management of the resources at their disposal is commendable. The Federal Government should lend a helping hand to them.  It (COVID-19) is our enemy for now and we have to collectively combat it without playing dirty politics with its eradication.

 

“I also want to commend Governor Seyi Makinde for a job well done and I am appealing to other states to emulate the governor and copy his style of managing the pandemic.”

 The Osun State government had disclosed on Monday, that a new case of Coronavirus was recorded in the State as confirmed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The state’s commissioner for Health, Dr Rafiu Isamotu, said in a statement sent to Frontline News Online, that the new case is a Lagos-based doctor who came into Osun on Saturday to join his family.
This brings to four, the number of active cases in the State as at Monday.

PBAT’s Oil and Gas Reforms

PBAT's Oil and Gas Reforms 2.3

NCC

NNPC Recruitment

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*