Donald Trump launches air strikes on Syria and challenges Vladimir Putin

Bashar al-Assad

…Theresa May says it was the ‘right thing’ to launch missile strikes against Syria

…..Syrian air defences shoot down 70 of more than 100 missiles aimed at bases

Britain, America and France have launched joint military airstrikes to weaken the Syrian regime’s chemical weapons capabilities this morning.

Donald Trump, Theresa May and Emmanuel Macron have all justified their strikes on three facilities linked to the production of chemical weapons in Syria.

The actions have been widely condemned by Russian-backed forces, who claim Syria managed to shoot down more than 70 of the 100 missiles launched.

Theresa May is also facing criticism from home, as Jeremy Corbyn questioned the legality of the air strikes this morning.

Prime Minister Theresa May

 

 May defends British airstrikes on Syria

Theresa May has justified the use of airstrikes on Syrian targets by British forces at a press conference in London this morning.

The Prime Minister said she had ‘no choice’ after Bashar al-Assad’s indiscriminate use of chemical weapons on his own people last weekend.

She also revealed parliament will be given the chance to question her on Monday about the air strikes.

President Donald Trump
*Iran labels attack on Syria a ‘crime’

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei claimed the attack on Syria was a ‘crime’ that would not achieve any gains.

 

Chemical weapons experts will carry out inspections in Douma today

Chemical weapons agency workers still plan to carry out inspections on the Syrian city of Douma today after last week’s alleged chemical weapons attack, sources say.

Business as usual for Assad

The Syrian regime has posted this video on Twitter earlier today after a series of co-ordinated strikes by the US, UK and France on Assad’s chemical weapons facilities.

Macron’s meeting with Putin will go ahead

French president Vladimir Putin will meet with Russian leader Vladimir Putin despite increased tension’s over the bombing of Syria.

Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told BFM TV in an interview that there were no changes to President Emmanuel Macron’s planned trip to Russia next month.

No further airstrikes planned, France say

No further airstrikes in Syria are planned after the objectives of the bombing were achieved, France has said.

However they added that further airstrikes could be in the pipeline should the Syrian regime cross France’s red lines.

Jeremy Corbyn calls intervention ‘legally questionable’

Jeremy Corbyn has called the UK’s military intervention in Syria ‘legally questionable’.

In a statement on his official Facebook page, the Labour leader said ‘bombs won’t save lives or bring about peace’

 

PBAT’s Oil and Gas Reforms

PBAT's Oil and Gas Reforms 2.3

NCC

NNPC Recruitment

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Verified by MonsterInsights