Controversial Lagos socialite, Samsom Erinfolami Balogun, better known as Sam Larry, has finally reacted to the death of singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, also known as Mohbad.
Sam Larry who was denied by the Elegushi Royal family said he couldn’t have killed the late singer, as according to him he loved the rapper.
He reacted in a video saying: “I want to state that I had nothing to do with Mohbad’s death. He was my brother and when he was in Marlian records he knew I loved him. Even his wife, everybody knows that I love him. Having a fight does not mean that I want him dead. I cannot kill Mohbad. The videos going viral are of old events of things that happened last year”.
“Zlatan is my witness. Call Zlatan and ask him.”
Many fans angrily reacting to Mohbad’s death had re-shared and analysed an old video where Mohbad was seen being assaulted by some people allegedly led by Sam Larry during a video shoot.
Netizens have also shared a petition by the late artiste in which he alleged that his life was under threat and sought police protection from Sam Larry and others.
Recall that the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, in a statement on Thursday said that the police would carry out a diligent investigation into the cause of Mohbad’s death.
Read late Mohbad’s Petition bellow:
“PETITION OF THREAT TO LIFE, MALICIOUS DAMAGE OF PROPERTIES VALUED THE SUM OF FIVE MILLION NAIRA, ASSAULT OCCASIONING HARM, OPPRESSION AND CONDUCT LIKELY TO CAUSE BREACH OF PEACE AGAINST SAM LARRY ELEGUSHI, ELELE, OBELE AND OTHERS
“I of the above name and address, a law abiding citizen and a Musician bring to your notice the assault and threat to my life by the above mentioned persons.
“On 25th June, 2023 while having a video shoot with another artist by name Zlatan (Ibile, the above mentioned persons numbering about fifteen led by Sam Larry Elegushi invaded the premises with dangerous arms such as guns, cutlasses etc where I was shooting video and scattered the whole process of the shooting, damaged the equipment I was using for the shooting valued about Five Million Naira and started threatening my life which in the process they became violent and assaulted me which I sustained injuries but narrowly escaped.
“Attached to this petition is the said pictures. Total amount I paid for the shooting they have destroyed is Eight Million Naira (N8,000,000) which is non-refundable.
“However, during the assault, they were boasting that they work for Oba Elegushi and that they have been asked to deal with me for reasons best known to them which till date they are still threatening to kill me if seen. Sir, I call on your good office to save my life from the above mentioned persons and bring them to book.
“Thank you for your timely intervention.”