Killer Fruit Juice: Kano Confirms 10 dead, 400 Hospitalised, Lagos, Cross River, Sokoto Warn Residents

APC National Chairman Dr. Ibrahim Ganduje

The Kano State Government on Thursday said 10 people had died and 400 others hospitalised after drinking a poisonous fruit juice.

The state government had last month said the poisonous fruit juice claimed three lives and  led to the  hospitalisation of 183 others.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr Aminu Tsanyawa,  in a video recording made available to journalists in Kano on Thursday, stated that out of 400 people hospitalised, 50 persons were undergoing treatment for kidney-related ailments.

As the Kano State Government gave an update on the killer drink, Lagos, Katsina, Cross River, Sokoto and Osun state governments urged residents to be vigilant before consuming any fruit drink.

Although they urged residents not to panic, they advised them to check the expiry dates of drinks.

PBAT’s Oil and Gas Reforms

PBAT's Oil and Gas Reforms 2.3

NCC

NNPC Recruitment

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*