Kwankwaso’s defection to PDP good for Buhari, Ganduje-Iliyasu Kwankwaso

Former Governor of Kano, Sen Rabiu Kwankwaso (L) with former National Chairman of PDP, Sen Ahmed Makarfi,

The Kano State Commissioner for Rural and Community Development, Mr. Iliyasu Musa Kwankwaso, on Tuesday described the defection of Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso from the ruling APC to the PDP, as both a blessing to Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Nation reports Iliyasu Kwankwaso as saying the  defection of Senator Kwankwaso to PDP, , isn’t a surprise because he had been doping hints about it for the past six months.

Iliyasu told The Nation that the former governor dumping the APC for the PDP is rather a blessing in disguise for the ruling party in the state,  as he will disrupt already established structure of the PDP in the State, as well as install his preferred candidates.

He opined that Kwankwaso’s return to the PDP will lead to his taking over 60 per cent of the party’s structure, while  former Foreign Minister, Ambassador Aminu Wali and the erstwhile Minister of Education, Malam Ibrahim  Shekarau, including Senator Bello Hayyatu will be left with the remaining 40 per cent.

He said: ”I want you all to wait for the next one month,  after the defection of Senator Kwankwaso from the ruling APC and be on the watch out for what would happen, as there would be mass defection of numerous PDP members, as Kwankwaso will neither support Wali’s candidature nor Shekarau.”

” I have re-echoed about six months ago that Kwankwaso is no longer a member of our party, the APC and here we are today, my projections have been confirmed.

Kwankwaso’s presence would only end up driving away a lot of people from the PDP, as it has always been the case wherever he goes.”

Similarly, he noted that Kwankwaso would attempt to impose a gubernatorial candidate, as well as other key positions on the people of Kano and once that is achieved, he would end up using the party to his own advantage going by his antecedents and this, would bring about great misunderstandings within the party, leading to mass exodus of supporters of PDP, whom will end up with the APC.

 

COVID-19 TIPS

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*