
By Tonia Okereke
A distraught father who believes that his 18 year old son is one of the victims of the 21-storey building that collapsed at Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Abel Godwin, is seeking answers on his son’s whereabouts.
Godwin who told Punch that he travelled from Abuja to Lagos immediately he heard of the building collapse because his 18-year-old son was involved in the incident.
According to him, he heard of the building collapse on Tuesday and arrived in Lagos at 2am on Wednesday.
He said, “I came from Abuja by 2am. My son is one of the victims. He’s 18 years old. I got this information around 10am yesterday. I hit the road and I got here at 2am. Ever since then, I have been here.”
The worried father said he was directed to the Mainland Hospital Yaba, formerly Infectious Diseases Hospital, to identify his son.
He said, “I have been directed to go to the IDHA. I went there but they couldn’t allow me to enter.”
Godwin also stated that he had filled in the form about his son’s information.
The governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, asked him to remain patient, adding that he would be reached if there’s any update.
Be the first to comment