The KB KLUB, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, has held a medical outreach to commemorate her 53rd Annual Philanthropic Day.
The free medical outreach was held at the Christ Gospel Apostolic Church, Egbeda, Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagks State and focused on improving maternal health and reducing child mortality.
In a statement on Saturday, the Chairman of the Organising Committee On Philanthropic Activities, KB KLUB, Eze Esomchukwu Anthony, stated that the 8-week long awareness campaign offered best practices for mother and child.
He highlighted the successes achieved by the medical outreach for the Egbeda community and its environs to include:
- Successful screening of 100 women between the ages of 25 and 65 for Breast and Cervical Cancer performed by professionals from the Lagos State Ministry of Health;
- Distribution of insecticide-treated nets for 50 pregnant women and children;
- Community health education on the best practices to improve maternal health, Breast & Cervical cancer awareness delivered by Dr. Faola of R-Jolad Hospital/AfyaCare;
- Free medical consultation and vital health checkups for over 150 women, men and children;
- Distribution of essential drugs to over 150 women, men and children; and
- Practical demonstration of the use of HIV self-testing kits and distribution of over 500 HIV self-testing kits to men and women.
KB KLUB collaborated with the Medical Art Centre, R-JOLAD Hospital, Northwest Petroleum and Gas, BLFA Hotel, Cleave Property Investment Limited, Apoteka Pharmaceuticals, Lagos Isolo Lions Club, DKT International, Rotaract District 9110, and Omo Adugbo Egbeda to complete the successful medical outreach
Anthony said, “At the KB KLUB, we believe this is a step in the right direction in seeing the prevalence of early child mortality to a decline and an improvement in the state of maternal health in our region.
“We express our gratitude to our collaborators for sharing in this goal of making positive impact. Together, we can be the change. One who saves a life, is as though he saves the entire mankind.”