Military Reveals Number Of Troops Killed By Terrorists In Niger

An airforce jet

The Military High Command, on Thursday, disclosed that no fewer than 3 officers, 22 soldiers were killed in Niger State while 7 were wounded by terrorists.

Maj.-Gen. Edward Buba, Director Defence Media Operations, revealed this at Defence Headquarters, Abuja.

Buba told journalists that the Air Force jet that crashed in Shiroro area of Niger State went to the scene to evacuate the victims.

He, however, vowed that no group could attack its troops and go scot-free, adding that 14 previously killed were in the jet during the crash.

“No group will strike on own troops without injurious consequences,” Buba said.

Daily Trust had reported how soldiers were killed in an ambush along the Zungeru-Tegina Road in Niger on Sunday.

Witnesses and security sources told Daily Trust seven soldiers and five vigilantes sustained varying degrees of gunshot injuries and were taken to the IBB Specialist Hospital, Minna, the state capital.

The soldiers were on their way to some communities attacked by bandits in Wushishi Local Government Area.

DAILY TRUST

PBAT’s Oil and Gas Reforms

PBAT's Oil and Gas Reforms 2.3

NCC

NNPC Recruitment

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*